The purpose of the Moscow cultural policy is the development of the city as one of the world cultural centers, centers of creativity, advanced technologies and modern lifestyle.
- The development of urban areas according to the principle of "cultural maximum." Range of cultural services and events offered to residents of each Moscow district must become the most diverse, dynamic and "interactive" (responding to citizens’ requests and encouraging their own cultural initiatives locally).
- Reformation of the system of public cultural institutions and their transformation into cost-effective platforms that are competitive in the city.
- The development of modern types of management in order to support significant cultural projects, infrastructures and institutions.
The main priorities of the Moscow cultural policy:
- development of areas;
- support for cultural production;
- development of cultural infrastructure and communication.
Program of action:
- Work of territorial administrations. Mapping of areas - detecting their problems and deficits on the one hand and existing and potential cultural resources on the other.
- A training center and a candidate pool creation.
- Replication of successful projects and proven experience. Creation and promotion of network projects